In a previous post I spoke about anticancer foods. If you were wondering what you can make with these foods, I thought I’d post a few cooking ideas below:
- Tomatoes sliced in half, seasoned with oregano, thyme and rosemary and grilled for about 40 minutes at 180 degrees celsius/350 Fahrenheit
- Broccoli florets steamed for about 10-15 minutes and seasoned with olive oil and black pepper
- Cauliflower steamed for about 10-15 minutes. Mix half a tablespoon of olive oil, a 1/4 teaspoon turmeric and black pepper. Pour this over the cauliflower. The powerful combination of black pepper and turmeric greatly increases the absorption rate of turmeric into the body.
- Prick gem squash with a fork, boil for about 30-40 minutes. Slice in half, scoop out the pips and season with black pepper and a little salt and real butter.
- Roasted or steamed carrots seasoned with olive oil, thyme and black pepper
- Large black mushrooms seasoned with some olive oil, oregano, black pepper and garlic and baked in the oven for about 30 min
- Stir fried bok choi, chopped garlic and ginger
- Stir fried broccoli, sliced onions, Chinese mushrooms, chopped garlic and ginger
- Stir fried shiitake mushrooms, tofu, sliced onions, chopped garlic and ginger
- Sweet potatoes seasoned with olive oil, thyme and black pepper and roasted in the oven for about 40 minutes at 180 degrees celsius/350 Fahrenheit
- Beetroot quartered, seasoned with olive oil, thyme and black pepper and roasted in the oven for about 45-60 minutes at 180 degrees celsius/350 Fahrenheit
- Carrot and sweet potato soup
- Butternut soup
- Vegetable soup
- Grilled fish with sliced tomato, oregano and black pepper
- Dark chocolate(more than 70% cocoa) melted in the microwave for a few seconds and poured over fresh strawberries
The soup recipes will follow in a later post.
As you can see, I’ve used a combination of these ingredients to make a delicious healthy dish. Cook 3 or 4 of these vegetables for a meal and you’ll have a meal with a bang.