I started following an inspiring bloggers group called The Blog Tag. This group was created to provide writing prompts for bloggers. Every week a specific theme with different daily topics are introduced. It is now Week 5 of the writing prompts on the group and this will be my first attempt to take part. This week’s theme is Inspire and today’s topic is “Success stories”. I’ve had this post sitting in my drafts for a while now and it seems like the perfect opportunity to share it.
One of the things about growing older is learning how to find happiness in life. There are many theories and recommendations on how to live a happier life. My life is not perfect and I am continuously trying to improve myself. I believe being happy has a lot to do with your approach to life. My interpretation of this week’s topic is about my success in trying to find happiness in life. This is what I have learnt works for me:
- Spend time with family and friends
- Spend time with your pets
- Learn to laugh at yourself; laugh out loud
- Compliment someone
- Dance like no one is watching
- Help someone in need
- Setting goals gives you a sense of purpose
- Listen to music – music is good for the soul
- Exercise – it triggers feel good endorphins
- Catch up on sleep
- Stay inspired
- Travel – see the world!
- Try something new, embrace new experiences
- Surprise someone special
- Be true to yourself
- If you have some spare cash at the end of the month then treat yourself to something every now and then whether it’s buying yourself flowers, getting a massage or a new pair of shoes
- Have a sense of wonder
- Believe in yourself
- And last but not least, always be grateful
Hopefully some of these tips will inspire you on your journey. I’d love to hear your thoughts on things that you do to be a happier person. Please feel free to share in the comments below.
If you would like to join in the fun on The Blog Tag click on the link or the picture below.