Nutritious food + Exercise = Healthy Body

Healthy living

This weeks “Health and Fitness” theme on the Blog Tag is one that is quite close to my heart. If you’ve been following my blog then you will know that I started writing my blog at the beginning of this year about Anticancer. My mom getting sick has made me very aware of the impact of diet and stress on your body. We do not know for certain what caused her cancer but I do believe that maintaining a healthier lifestyle and a less stressful life can reduce the possibility of disease in the body. Based on all the research I did I was keen to share the information I found including ways to lead a healthier lifestyle through nutrition.

Anticancer foods are not only applicable to cancer patients. These are foods that anyone can eat and incorporating more of these nutrient rich foods in your diet can boost your immune system. If you have a strong immune system then your body is more capable of fighting germs. Read this post if you’re interested in finding out more about these foods and ideas of what you can cook with these foods: Foods to boost your immune system

Did you also know that juicing vegetables also increases the amount of vitamins and nutrients that can get into your bloodstream? Read this post for more info: Juicing 101

Stress also affects your immune system which is why it is important to do exercise or have some form of stress reduction, and to live a life that makes you happy. Click on these links to read more about managing stress and finding happiness in life

Over the last year I have also made changes in our home and my lifestyle. This includes healthier food choices such as eating more real foods and less processed foods and replacing the types of products that we use with better alternatives.

Steps I’ve taken to improve our diet and lifestyle

• Replace vegetable/sunflower oil with rapeseed oil and olive oil
  • Replace margarine with real butter
  • Replace table salt with Himalayan pink salt
  • Reduce your sugar intake
  • Replace white sugar with brown sugar sweetened with stevia(the stevia makes the sugar sweeter encouraging you to use less), date syrup and coconut sugar
  • Stop buying low fat and fat free foods. The additives that are used in these “foods” are not considered real.
  • Replace with organic food options where possible
  • Reduce white bread intake
  • Drinking more vegetable juices
  • Drinking more green tea
  • Drinking lots of water
  • Eating more anticancer vegetables
  • Went on a red meat detox
  • Using more natural skincare products
  • Fitness wise: I’ve taken on a monthly 10km running challenge for 2016 and I did a course of boxing for a fitness boost. I’ve also tried starting yoga but I need to commit more to this. (I shall be posting about my 10km challenges in a future post.)

Life seems to be getting shorter and shorter every day. So why not live this life in the best way possible with a healthier mind and body, thinking about the foods we put in our mouth and the way we live our life. What are your thoughts on this topic? I’d love to hear your comments.

“Health is like
MONEY,
We never have a
true idea of its
value until we
LOSE IT.”

– Josh Billings

theblogtag

Image source: Values.com

1. 29th July 2016 / 12:00 PM

Great suggestions for everyone! Thank you!

• 29th July 2016 / 12:18 PM

Hi Susan, thanks for reading and commenting! 🙂

2. 29th July 2016 / 12:39 PM

These are great tips! It really does make you think when someone gets sick, and making the smallest changes can be the difference that saves your body

3. 29th July 2016 / 12:45 PM

Love it. Health and fitness can come in easy steps. Not just going crazy and paying tons of money to join gyms and get fancy gear. I love your emphasis on how easy it can be to take simple steps.

I think you’d find my new blog has very similar posts. I encourage you to check it out! Like. Subscribe. Whatever. We are all in the fitness blogging game for the same thing. To spread healthy lifestyle as far and wide as we can. I am trying to build my network one comment at a time!

Britt

• 31st July 2016 / 2:41 PM

Hi Britt, thanks for reading and for commenting. I shall check out your blog.

4. 29th July 2016 / 2:01 PM

When my step father’s cancer came back, we had to change our entire diet (Not that we were unhealthy before that, but afterwards we were VERY conscious of what we ate), and what I actually noticed, was once you start eating healthy, your body kind of stops craving all the things that are bad for you. And even now, after he’s passed away, we still keep to the healthy diet by choice!

• 29th July 2016 / 2:13 PM

It’s sad that it takes this terrible disease to affect our loved ones to teach us more about life and leading a healthier lifestyle.

5. 31st July 2016 / 9:23 AM

WOw an eye opener. I’m struggling to get active but your post is truly inspiring. I bought a NutriBullet so I’ve got the juicing happening …but only sometimes. I will read your juicing post for some tips as well.

• 31st July 2016 / 10:35 AM

Thank you! Glad you found my post informative. A nutribullet is a great way to get more nutrients into your body although it is more of a blender than a juicer 🙂

6. Miriam @londonkitchendiaries
    1st August 2016 / 9:46 AM

Healthy food and exercise are so important to us! I also try to stay fit and healthy and sometimes even small changes can make a big difference!

• 1st August 2016 / 10:40 AM

Hi Miriam, thanks for stopping by 🙂 Yip completely agree!

7. 2nd August 2016 / 6:40 PM

Healthy diet & exercise is vitally important after my recent surgery I am so aware of what I put into my body now 🙂

• 2nd August 2016 / 6:58 PM

Oh no, hope everything went alright with your surgery and that you’re recovering well.

• 2nd August 2016 / 7:01 PM

Thank you, yes everything went well with my surgery.I am actually healing quite well.

8. conflictedhealth
    13th August 2016 / 2:20 AM

It sounds like you have made a lot of great changes! I think the hardest part is change… and staying away from sugar! Great Job! Check out my new blog at http://www.conflictedhealth.com

• 13th August 2016 / 5:49 AM

Hello! Thanks for reading and commenting! I shall have a look at your blog 😉

9. 16th August 2016 / 7:46 AM

I love your page, I am always looking for ways to be healthy.

• 16th August 2016 / 8:18 AM

Hi there, thank you! Thanks for reading and stopping by. I had a quick peek at your blog. You’re an inspiration, it sounds like you’ve been through a lot. I shall have a proper read when I get a chance.

• 16th August 2016 / 8:22 AM

Yes thank you for reading, I am. Life is so good, I would never think I’ll be doing what I do today.

10. 23rd August 2016 / 11:02 AM

Great blog, im a follower!
    I think your definitely on the right track to health and happiness, very sorry to hear about your mother, its always these big impacts in life which make you see the light and the need for change in diet and lifestyle.

For me personally i became very ill, i found western medicine and doctors were’nt really doing much for me, but by adopting a new lifestyle and sticking to it for months and months i finally saw myself recover and heal, now i’ve never felt better.

I’ve been trying to share the knowledge on my blog, it would be great if you want to check it out: http://buffbanana.com/

Im writing more and more articles on health/fitness i hope if any they are useful to you and your new lifestyle!

• 23rd August 2016 / 12:52 PM

Hi there! Thanks for following and checking out my blog 😊 I will definitely check out your blog. Glad to hear that your new lifestyle is helping you heal and recover.

11. 16th September 2016 / 12:47 PM

Great Post! I also just wrote a health article.

• whatudidntknowblog
      16th September 2016 / 12:57 PM

Hi there, thanks for reading and taking an interest in my blog. I shall check out your blog too!

12. 1st November 2016 / 3:30 PM

Loved it especially th quote at the end.

1st November 2016 / 3:31 PM