I have learnt that if you lead a busy life and have a full time job, blogging requires good time management and organizational skills. After many months of trying to find my feet in the blogging world, I think I have now found a blogging routine that works for me. Today’s post shares the tips I’ve incorporated into my life to manage my blogging time more efficiently.
5 time saving blogging tips
- Make notes – Keep a notebook in your handbag or use a notes application on your phone to keep a record of your thoughts and ideas. I prefer hand written notes as I also like to draw mind maps. I also find that writing notes helps to “free up the space in my brain”.
- Utilize your free time – Make use of your free moments to record these notes such as when you’re travelling on public transport or if you’re driving you could also make use of voice notes.
- Blog more efficiently – I personally don’t like spending hours writing blog posts when I could be doing other things with my time. Planning and thinking about your blog topics in advance saves time when it comes to writing your blog post. You’ll be able to write much quicker than if you hadn’t thought about it at all.
- Determine the objective of your post – If I’m feeling uninspirational or am struggling to find the words to write my post then I’ll stop and ask myself a few questions – “What am I trying to say? What is the objective of my post? What do I want to share?” I find this helps me to overcome writer’s block by refocusing on my topic.
- Schedule your blogging time – Schedule specific days and times for blogging. Set a time limit for writing. I usually try not to spend more than an hour or two per post. As much as I love and enjoy blogging I don’t want to spend my entire Sunday on it. Working within an approximate time frame helps me to manage my time better. If you feel that this tip puts too much pressure on you then give this tip a skip.