A few months ago, Viola from A Piece of Viola asked bloggers to join in on her Bloggers Christmas Gift Swap. The idea behind this is to be paired up with another blogger and get to know each other, as well as swap gifts based on an agreed amount. Coincidentally I was paired up with Viola, the very brains behind this lovely idea 🙂
Buying presents for people can be difficult especially if you don’t know them at all. As I’m OCD about details and wanted to get to know Viola better I started thinking about questions I could ask her. Questions that would give me an idea about her personality and the things that she likes…
I thought it would be worth sharing these questions with you in case you’re wondering what to buy someone and the types of questions you could ask. I’m no expert at this but I think the key is to put yourself into the recipient’s shoes and think about the things that he or she might like based on the answers you get.
Questions To Ask For Gift Buying Ideas
- What are your hobbies?
- What do you like to do in your spare time or for fun?
- Where do you like to shop?
- How would you describe your personal style?
- What kind of food do you like to eat?
- What are your favourite snacks or drinks?
- What’s your favourite restaurant?
- What kind of music do you like?
- What type of music makes you want to get up and dance?
- Do you wear makeup?
- What are your favourite products that you may run out of?
- What are your favourite things?
- Do you like to collect anything?
- Describe yourself in 5 words
- Do you have any pet peeves?
- What makes you laugh?
- What special talent do you have?
- Name 3 nonessential things you can’t live without
I emailed this list of questions to Viola which she returned with great answers. The answers have definitely given me an idea of possible gifts I could buy her and what she might like. So fingers crossed! Let’s hope that I’ve managed to come up with something suitable for her to open on Christmas Day 🙂
How do you approach buying Christmas presents or gifts in general for people? Do you like to surprise the recipient or do you take the easy way out and ask them directly what they want? I’d love to hear in the comments below.