Winter Wonderland Afternoon Tea at The Chesterfield Hotel

5 Reasons to Experience Christmas in London

A while ago I wrote about my love for afternoon tea where I mentioned the The Chesterfield Hotel as one of my favourite places to visit.

Winter Wonderland Afternoon Tea at The Chesterfield Hotel

A recent visit from a special friend in London called for an afternoon tea treat at this refined traditional hotel.

Winter Wonderland Afternoon Tea at the Chesterfield Hotel

Upon arrival, we were shown to our table and were immediately welcomed with a warm shot of mulled wine. It was the perfect start to the Winter Wonderland Afternoon Tea  on this chilly winters day.

Winter Wonderland Afternoon Tea at The Chesterfield Hotel

The restaurant was decorated with Christmas lights and decor and a keyboardist was playing relaxing background music.

After a few minutes of pondering over the tea selection, my friend and I both decided to have the Chesterfield Christmas Blend tea with our eats.

Winter Wonderland Afternoon Tea at The Chesterfield Hotel

A 3 tier afternoon tea stand soon arrived with a delicious looking array of eats. Starting with the bottom plate, there were a selection of homemade sandwiches: roast turkey with cranberry mayonnaise on white bread; honey roast ham with Cheddar cheese and tomato chutney on onion bread; Scottish smoked salmon with cream cheese on brown bread; free range egg mayonnaise and watercress on basil bread and of course cucumber and cream cheese on white bread. The middle plate consisted of freshly baked homemade cranberry scones and chocolate scones served with Cornish clotted cream and delicious homemade strawberry jam. And lastly the top plate was filled with sweet goodies which were a mulled wine macaron, a Christmas tree chocolate pot, cranberry and vanilla cheesecake, a snowman cupcake, a chocolate Yule log and a festive fruit tart.

We struggled to finish it all especially the top plate but thoroughly enjoyed our afternoon tea. At £38.50 per person, it is quite pricey but definitely worth the spoil. I’ve always been impressed with the service at this hotel and am yet to be disappointed.

So if you’re looking for something different to do this festive season, you have until the 1st of January 2017 to experience this Winter Wonderland Afternoon Tea. There is a vegetarian and gluten-free option available too.

Have you experienced any festive afternoon teas recently? I’d love to hear your recommendations/experiences in the comments below.

Never miss a post

For the latest travel, health and lifestyle posts sign up to the newsletter

One Messy Mama
MummyTravels

1. Regine Karpel
    13th December 2016 / 10:12 PM

Great.

14th December 2016 / 8:42 AM

Hi Regine, it was great thanks 🙂

2. 13th December 2016 / 10:15 PM

Oh it looks so good and that tree is gorgeous, I do love a great afternoon tea. I am pinning this for future reference x

13th December 2016 / 10:22 PM

Hi Sarah, thanks for reading and commenting 🙂

14th December 2016 / 8:41 AM

Hi Tanja, it was a lovely and festive afternoon 🙂

3. 15th December 2016 / 12:49 PM

I am also a lover of afternoon tea – it’s such a lovely yet simple treat to have and I confess I am a little fussy about what I want – it has to be just right … and this Christmas Afternoon Tea is just right! It has everything I would want but instead of ham sandwiches, it has ham AND turkey & cranberry – even better! Thank you for sharing this delicious treat with me! #CityTripping

15th December 2016 / 1:10 PM

Hi Angie, I know what you mean about afternoon teas being just right. I have been to one or two where the sandwiches and scones were dry and tasteless so when you find a winner, it definitely requires a repeat visit!

4. 16th December 2016 / 4:34 PM

I love the idea of a Christmas-themed afternoon tea – I love afternoon tea at any time really but making it festive is even better. We used to have a tradition of going for afternoon tea on New Year’s Day with some friends which was always a good start! #citytripping

16th December 2016 / 5:26 PM

Hi Cathy, ooh a New Years Day afternoon tea treat sounds like a wonderful idea!

5. 26th December 2016 / 3:23 PM

I do like the sound of the festive inspired afternoon tea. I’m not familiar with the Chesterfield hotel so thanks for bringing it to my attention. Thanks for linking #citytripping

26th December 2016 / 5:40 PM

Hi Elizabeth, hope you’ve had a lovely Christmas. The festive afternoon tea is definitely worth a try! 🙂

31st December 2016 / 5:28 PM